Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Isaiah 58:11

Isaiah 58:11
“The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”


Honestly, I don’t have some well thought out string of words for this verse. But, this verse is wildly good and so comforting during this weird season of life. The day I turned 18 one of my first thoughts was “oh gosh, now comes a lifetime of having to make all my own decisions. No thank you.” Then I realized something great. As humans our whole life is made up of daily, little decisions that affect the course of our whole life. But there were big decisions in my near future that I so dreaded that weren’t ever mine to make. Instead of just trying to pick what I think will work best, I can let the Lord direct my life along His perfect plan for me. If He is the One making the decisions, I’ll never have to worry if I’m where He wants me to be. I can live in the peace that comes from being in the center of His will. I love that this verse doesn’t sugar coat that being in God’s will does not mean life is easy. There will be droughts and times where exhaustion threatens to take over. But, during those times is when the Lord gets to be everything we need. During the seasons of confusion and drought His love is so clearly seen in the way that He carries us through what we think is impossible. The first rain after a drought always brings a ton of growth. No one can deny the change that’s occurred but if there wasn’t a season of drought, there would be nothing to contrast the growth to and it wouldn’t mean as much. I guess my point in all of this is that the Lord is in the drought just as much as He is in the seasons of intense growth. The drought does not mean that He has abandoned or forgotten about you or wants you to be miserable. His love is still perfect, He is still in control. But, often a drought is needed before the rains come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment