Friday, January 27, 2017

Wisdom

2 Corinthians 1:12
“For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.”


When I read this verse I am reminded of the song “Simplicity” by Rend Collective. This song is all about the simplicity of having a pure love for Jesus and the way it compels us to sing of His love. When everything else is stripped away, we are able to go back to our first love: Jesus. Webster’s Dictionary defines simplicity as: the state of being simple. That didn’t really mean much to me until I read the definition for simple: easy to understand or do; plain and unadorned, as clothing or food; having nothing added: the simple truth; free from affectation (calculated or elaborate pretense; an artificial manner). When I was first applying for Ignite a large part of why I wanted to be here was because I just wanted to get out of my hometown and have a once in a lifetime experience. I’ve been here less than 3 weeks, but God has shown me that the sole reason He brought me here was so that I could know Him more, everything else is just a tool He will use to teach me to seek His face. As I go out to serve the people of Costa Rica in a few weeks, my prayer is that Abby and I would operate in simplicity and godly sincerity. It is only when we are resting in His grace and mercy that we will be able to pour it out on the kids we will be working with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment