Friday, January 27, 2017

Wisdom

Psalm 111:10
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.”


Earthly wisdom stems from self-preservation and the worship of self. But through a healthy fear of the Lord, the simple become wise. The fear that believers are to have is not the same fear you have when you narrowly avoid getting in an accident or a dog growls at you. This fear is “the beginning of wisdom.” It isn’t a fear that cowers in the corner but one that knows that it needs to stay submitted to the Lord’s voice out of love. When I am in that position of complete submission, I know I can boldly go into the presence of God expecting Him to speak to me. In my flesh I do not want to obey His commandments, they all go against what I feel like doing. And yet He promises wisdom to those who fear Him. So how does this apply to my life? I cannot rely on my own wisdom any longer. I cannot act like me running my life will ever end well. When my heart begins to wander and worship anyone other than God, my first reaction needs to be to go before the Lord and repent. He is so faithful to give us the strength we need when we need it. The Lord will be praised forever, whether I choose to bow to Him in this life is up to me. But man, I cannot imagine a better way to live this life than to live it doing what the Lord tells me to. Right now, I’m living in Antigua, Guatemala because this is where God has called me. To obey the Lords command to “go” and to choose to praise Him the whole time is such a sweet adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment