Friday, January 27, 2017

Wisdom

Ephesians 5:15-17
“See that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”


I used to think that God was complicated and that His word could not be understood. I used this as an excuse to get away with doing whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. One huge area in my life that I did this in the way that I did my homework. In my head I knew I was supposed to do it diligently as unto the Lord, but in practice I only did it to cross it off the list of things I had to do in order to not get in trouble. Procrastination was my specialty and I never did anything until I absolutely had to or it wouldn’t get done. In the same way that I treated English assignments in high school, I have been putting off doing the daily IBS (Inductive Bible Study) verse until the very last second. When you add my procrastination and short attention span to our insanely packed schedule, I never find enough time to do it the way it’s supposed to be done. My desire is to take advantage of the time I have here and to use it wisely, not to foolishly waste the opportunity I’ve been given. God’s plan for me is to know Him more fully, and that is going to mean sacrificing time and/or sleep. So instead of waiting until the very last minute to do IBS, I am going to start getting up 30 minutes earlier in order to have time each morning after doing my own personal devos to do IBS. I am going to ask the other girls if any of them would like to commit to this with me in order to keep each other accountable to redeeming the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment