Friday, March 10, 2017

2 Corinthians 13:11

2 Corinthians 13:11
“Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”

I like to fight. Arguing is a hobby of mine and if I can start a debate, I will. For a very long time I only used this ability to debate any topic imaginable for evil.  If you give me a side, its not hard for me to argue that side passionately. I fought with everyone about everything and I enjoyed it. My stubbornness is through the roof at times and it makes me someone that I wouldn’t really like. Even though I knew it wasn’t godly, my attitude made an appearance as often as possible for years. But here I am told to live in peace. In one of the psalms (I think) we are encouraged to seek peace and pursue it. Peace is not something that just happens, it has to be cultivated and fought for. Wait, fight for peace? That doesn’t sound right. Bear with me for a second, though. Our nature is to divide and be at odds with one another and with Christ. Left on our own, we fight. What if instead of fighting each other and God, we fight against our sin nature? The victory has already been won, but the daily battles still have to be fought. Choose your battles. Fight against the temptation to sin and instead live for the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment