Monday, February 27, 2017

Galatians 5:13

Galatians 5:13 
The American Dream is to have as much freedom and prosperity as possible, to live a nice, comfortable life. But, instead of being content, the drive is always for more. Nothing up until now has ever been enough but maybe the next iPhone, camera, game system, etc will be enough. Looking at this mentality biblically reveals just how weak of a lie it really is. We as believers know that God alone satisfies, but our culture has forgotten this. As 21st century Americans, we have incredible freedom. My American passport allows me to go into most countries freely with a huge safety net to fall into if something goes wrong. I can worship the God I want to worship with no fear of the government. I can go to school, get a good job, and live a comfortable life in a nice house. While there is nothing wrong with enjoying the blessings of the freedom we have, to live in freedom but not liberty would be to miss an incredible opportunity. I am free to worship God, so why not worship with abandon? I am free to have a job, so why not be an example of Christ to my co-workers? I don't want to use my freedom as an excuse to get away with sin. I want it to be an open door for me to glorify God with my whole life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment