Friday, February 17, 2017

Hebrews 5:8

Hebrews 5:8

Over the past few days the magnitude of what it meant for Jesus to take on the form of man and die on the cross has really been sinking in. The incredible amount of humility that it took for Him to give up everything to save mankind blows my mind. Being God, He really could have done it any other way and yet He chose to follow the Father’s plan. Matthew 26:39 shows the obedience that Jesus displayed. It says, “He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying ‘Oh my Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.” He knew the pain and suffering He was about to go through but He was still perfectly submitted to the Father’s will. There really is no better example of obedience than Jesus. When I remember the sacrifices Jesus made for the sake of obedience, it becomes a lot easier to lay down my own life. I mean, look at what the Son of God sacrificed for me, is anything I give up for the sake of obedience even a sacrifice? In light of what He did, it really does become our “reasonable act of service.”

No comments:

Post a Comment