Friday, February 3, 2017

Luke 21:19

Luke 21:19
“By your endurance you will gain your lives.”

Yesterday, class 12 hiked a volcano together, the analogies that I could pull from today are basically limitless. But, the one that stuck out to me the most was the one I liked learning the least. In the days leading up to the hike I was completely set on getting to the top no matter what. Then I realized what “no matter what” actually meant. I had no clue how strenuous it would be and how endless the path would feel. The monotony of putting one foot in front of the other for hours on end quickly bored me, partially because I was so focused on the path that I rarely stopped to look around me. And if I wasn’t fellowshipping with anyone, it just got worse. Life is a climb and at times its completely exhausting. At some point, a decision must be made to finish the climb no matter the cost. I am so thankful for the common goal that we all shared, and through that unity we were able to encourage each other to press on. Philippians 3:12 says: “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.” My goal as a follower of Christ is to spend eternity worshiping Him, whether that is on earth or in heaven. While He keeps me on earth I can worship but my sinful nature will always find a way to mess it up somehow. It is so sweet to know that through all my failures, His grace covers me so that “for whatever reason we may call upon Him(Deuteronomy 4:7)!”

No comments:

Post a Comment